Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Job!

It has been a little while since I've posted any updates so I thought today would be as good as any to do it. I found a job! Well, actually, I found it about 2 and a half weeks ago but I didn't get the job offer until yesterday. Today I found out how much I'll be making and my start date. I'm very excited. With this job we will also get a free apartment near where Doss is going to go to school. There were a lot of thing we were unsure about when we decided to move to Oregon and it feels like this job will tie up most of the loose ends.

I'll be doing basically the same thing I was doing in Hawaii. When I left my last job I didn't think I would ever want to do that line of work again but after going to the interview for this job I found out that there are companies out there that value their employees. I was so glad to hear that they have very little turn over and the reason my position was even open was that the lady who had it before me was promoted.

We get a two bedroom apartment!! It has two bathrooms, a walk in closet in the master bedroom, a dining room, a washer and dryer and a dishwasher. I really can't wait to move in!!

We came to Oregon knowing that we were going to make it, but not knowing how, only that God would take care of it for us. God has delivered!! Things have gone really smooth. Not everything has been perfect but it has been really great. I don't think I could have asked for a better move. Now we just have to save our pennies until Doss starts school next fall. God is good!!

Follow the link to check out my new building, let me know what you think!! http://gslcherryridge.com/

2 comments:

Deb, Dave, and The Boys said...

Whoo hoo! I am so incredibly excited and happy for you guys that I kinda feel like tearing up! :) This is so wonderful!

Ferguson Family said...

great news! Congrats on your new job, God is great:) We know that He will provide for us as well as we head to WA next weekend.

our blog address has changed. You can find us at: http://fab-five-ferguson-family.blogspot.com/ Update us on your blog:)

Can't wait to hear more updates about Oregon!